At BMIR the Assistant Pastor, Sammy, is a fundi (handyman). So being empowered financially he was able to replace a new gate. He also had one of our Teens to help him, and he too was paid.
Sidebar: The Teen, whose name is Brian, gave me some of the money he was paid to ‘bank’ for him. I have set up a banking plan for our Teens to save money for the Teen Rally events last December. Even though we/they know I will not steal from them, I have obligated myself to give them a receipt for each of their deposits. So even deposits of .10c, I must give them a receipt. This event was a huge deal for a “slum kid” who seldom gets across town to go half way through the country.
Most of you are aware that the month of April 2017 has been a very trying month for me. For the entire month I was 60 – 90 precent bedridden and in great pain. So, what was happening with the ministry of BMI Kenya during April? Here is a brief review of the month, and an answer to that question.
1. During April our Resident Students were on Spring Break. The students were also being tutored at home during the weekdays and occasionally of Saturdays.
2. BMI Kenya has assisted an upcoming artist in recording two songs. One of these songs will also have a video which will be part of his Debut DVD.
3. Caleb has traveled to many parts of Nakuru County. He was part of a Youth Delegation for a local politician seeking an Office in the County.
4. Shakerz Charles and Maxwell worked with two other Teens to do tutoring for 9 of our younger boys in BMI Rhonda.
5. Our Resident Students purchased the parts of their School Uniforms that needed to be replaced, mostly due to their physical growth.
6. The mid-week Bible Study that I teach continued. Pastors Justus and Sammy continued our journey thru the Book of Genesis.
7. Important documents were received from BMI Founder, Pastor Jeff, which will help strengthen our legal status with the Republic of Kenya.
BMI Kenya is doing GOD’s work. It is not dependent upon me to move forward. However, GOD has blest me with this opportunity and I ask that you will continue to assist me with your prayers and financial gifts. You, too, will be blest.