We are excited to say that Kenya is once again on the docet for Feb. travel for Pastor Tom Chacko. Here is a letter from BMI Pastor Ken Gaston, our “boots on the ground Cali-turned-Kenyan man” with his wish list If you would prefer to donate cash toward the trip, please go to www.m61.org – Communicate directly with Ken at firstname.lastname@example.org • Jan 20, 2020
Jambo to All:
It is with great pleasure that I announce an upcoming visit to Kenya by Pastors Jeff Kirschbaum and Tom Chacko. Oh how I need their company. But this will also be another important time for my Young Men.
However, this email is about my Wish/Dream List. Here are some standard items that I’m always hoping for with each Visitor to Kenya. I will try to list them according to priority.
1. Laptops: If you have an old Laptop or Tablet that is collecting dust in a closet, we need it here. That’s an educational tool of great value.
2. Jerky: Can’t be found in Kenya and is greatly appreciated by me/Ken. Beef jerky, deer jerky, buffalo jerky, flavored jerky, plain jerky, fresh jerky (oxymoron), and any unknown to me jerky.
3. Tee shirts: Think plain, low budget, Wal-Mart or K-Mart special, single colored, no writing tee shirts. All sized below XX for the Boyz and Young Men I serve. Don’t let this be a budget burden. Cheap there is vogue here, and please keep the tags on the shirts.
The above are Standard. For this particular visit I need the following.
4. Table-top Flags: I need table top flags of the following countries. Mexico, Canada, U.A.E., and a Christian flag. (promoting global thinking and a new personal hobby.)
5. Heavy duty winter socks.
Other items sent will also be used and appreciated such as:
Books, videos, floss picks, Bibles, hats, gloves, Chick tracts, etc. Nothing gets wasted here. (Just in case someone is considering sending American dollars, I include the following. The notes should be 50’s or 100’s, and new bills.)
Contact/Reply for further details about getting these items to me.
Asante sana (thank you very much) to all who have, are, and will be blessing this work in Kenya.
Yours in Christ,
At BMIR the Assistant Pastor, Sammy, is a fundi (handyman). So being empowered financially he was able to replace a new gate. He also had one of our Teens to help him, and he too was paid.
Sidebar: The Teen, whose name is Brian, gave me some of the money he was paid to ‘bank’ for him. I have set up a banking plan for our Teens to save money for the Teen Rally events last December. Even though we/they know I will not steal from them, I have obligated myself to give them a receipt for each of their deposits. So even deposits of .10c, I must give them a receipt. This event was a huge deal for a “slum kid” who seldom gets across town to go half way through the country.
Most of you are aware that the month of April 2017 has been a very trying month for me. For the entire month I was 60 – 90 precent bedridden and in great pain. So, what was happening with the ministry of BMI Kenya during April? Here is a brief review of the month, and an answer to that question.
1. During April our Resident Students were on Spring Break. The students were also being tutored at home during the weekdays and occasionally of Saturdays.
2. BMI Kenya has assisted an upcoming artist in recording two songs. One of these songs will also have a video which will be part of his Debut DVD.
3. Caleb has traveled to many parts of Nakuru County. He was part of a Youth Delegation for a local politician seeking an Office in the County.
4. Shakerz Charles and Maxwell worked with two other Teens to do tutoring for 9 of our younger boys in BMI Rhonda.
5. Our Resident Students purchased the parts of their School Uniforms that needed to be replaced, mostly due to their physical growth.
6. The mid-week Bible Study that I teach continued. Pastors Justus and Sammy continued our journey thru the Book of Genesis.
7. Important documents were received from BMI Founder, Pastor Jeff, which will help strengthen our legal status with the Republic of Kenya.
BMI Kenya is doing GOD’s work. It is not dependent upon me to move forward. However, GOD has blest me with this opportunity and I ask that you will continue to assist me with your prayers and financial gifts. You, too, will be blest.