At BMIR the Assistant Pastor, Sammy, is a fundi (handyman). So being empowered financially he was able to replace a new gate. He also had one of our Teens to help him, and he too was paid.
Sidebar: The Teen, whose name is Brian, gave me some of the money he was paid to ‘bank’ for him. I have set up a banking plan for our Teens to save money for the Teen Rally events last December. Even though we/they know I will not steal from them, I have obligated myself to give them a receipt for each of their deposits. So even deposits of .10c, I must give them a receipt. This event was a huge deal for a “slum kid” who seldom gets across town to go half way through the country.
Most of you are aware that the month of April 2017 has been a very trying month for me. For the entire month I was 60 – 90 precent bedridden and in great pain. So, what was happening with the ministry of BMI Kenya during April? Here is a brief review of the month, and an answer to that question.
1. During April our Resident Students were on Spring Break. The students were also being tutored at home during the weekdays and occasionally of Saturdays.
2. BMI Kenya has assisted an upcoming artist in recording two songs. One of these songs will also have a video which will be part of his Debut DVD.
3. Caleb has traveled to many parts of Nakuru County. He was part of a Youth Delegation for a local politician seeking an Office in the County.
4. Shakerz Charles and Maxwell worked with two other Teens to do tutoring for 9 of our younger boys in BMI Rhonda.
5. Our Resident Students purchased the parts of their School Uniforms that needed to be replaced, mostly due to their physical growth.
6. The mid-week Bible Study that I teach continued. Pastors Justus and Sammy continued our journey thru the Book of Genesis.
7. Important documents were received from BMI Founder, Pastor Jeff, which will help strengthen our legal status with the Republic of Kenya.
BMI Kenya is doing GOD’s work. It is not dependent upon me to move forward. However, GOD has blest me with this opportunity and I ask that you will continue to assist me with your prayers and financial gifts. You, too, will be blest.
Well, it has been 10 years since I’ve been to Kenya, I believe. For Pastor Tom Chacko it hasn’t been that long. He continues to lay healthy foundations for growth with his teachings and wisdom in regard to financial health – for which we are all grateful.
Pastors Tom & Karie Through the years – ministry, family and fun!
Jeff was scheduled to make the trip but circumstances shifted so I will be there in his stead – can’t wait! I will be there May 30 – June 9.
If you would like to contribute to my trip, go to the Donate button and BLESS YOU for your donation and for your prayers!
Under BMI, Pastor Tom Chacko and I have literally been ministering and/or traveling all over the world together (and separate) for almost 20 years. He puts up with me! Sometimes he has to shake his head at me but it is usually with a smile 😉 Hey, at least we both like Indian food!
Why the trip?
Pastor Ken Gaston (California native) was called to Kenya two years ago as of last March and has been making a mark on the lives of young men and BMI ministries ever since. There are many crossroads to discuss, assess and pray over for Tom, Ken and I on this trip.
First, hug the big guy; Ken: I need to hang out with Ken, catch him up on local news and maybe even cook a great meal for him!
Second, Future of our young men: One main focuses for example is this; we have these amazing young men in our (literally Ken’s) care – they are coming up on the age where a trade/business should be considered to ensure their success as adults. It will be fun to get to know them better and hear their dreams.
Third, Pastors Kenny & Mary, Nakuru: I want to see the beautiful children of Pastors Kenny & Mary Otieno of Nakuru and give them big hugs!
Fourth, Pastor George in Kisumu: The same goes for Pastor George Kombo of Kisumu Kenya – I especially can’t wait to meet his little girl – which, to my humble honor, was named after me – Surely she will be a fire ball!!
Fifth, Strengthen foundations with Pastor Tom: This trip he has in his heart to focus teaching on “Four Pillars of Man” as well as “Leadership Qualities” for the young and “Giving”.
Lastly, Fellowship: In all we put our hands to, we want to refresh the spirits of the saints, ministries, churches and outreaches and to be refreshed by their warm hospitality, beautiful worship and brilliant smiles.
Thank you to all who support this mission – may a crown be laid to your account!
Co-Founder Believers’ Ministry International